Currently, our research interests are focused in the following areas:
1. Characterization of the enzymes involved in the biosynthesis and modification of the metabolites of saffron:
2. Elucidation of the regulation of biosynthesis apocarotenoids in saffron and related species through omics approaches.
3. Characterization of enzymes involved in the generation of two local varieties aromas of Castilla-La Mancha: Airen and Tempranillo:
4. Phytochemical and molecular studies of purple garlic Pedroñeras:
5. Phytochemical and molecular characterization of medicinal plants of Castilla-La Mancha.